Saturday, February 12, 2005

Alexander the Great

Sunday 30 January Alexander the Great

It was supposed to be a beach day but it was cloudy. Ended up in Westfield Bondi Junction with KC. We browsed and checked out some things to buy too. he he he. Lots of eye candies. I was craving for some Vietnamese pho but was very disappointed. KC’s laksa was too thick and looked as disappointing as KC’s reaction. The Thai noodle place up on the fifth floor usually serves good food but we were disappointed. I previously had the egg noodle with duck and the laksa and the beef salad and enjoyed it lots. But not this time. Got the movie tickets whilst KC found a parking spot. Whilst lining up, noticed these group of trendy and glamourous teens and admired them. They had youth, money, and good looks. But I knew straight away jealousy is no good, esp in my already low state of mind.

Alexander the great was a long movie. Lots of boring parts. But there were plenty of ohhhh ahhhhing. I was never really a fan of Colin Friel but Angelina Jolie was really pretty and played her part well. We sat through the long movie and I was impressed with the seating allocation and the good looking crowd in the cinema. At times, I was watching the viewers more than the movie. KC and I were impressed with Alexander’s achievements but later I told KC that perhaps the moral lesson of the movie was that if Alexander chose to have a family and listen to his mother, he would have lived a more happy and successful life. But KC said that it was just ambition to keep going further, or greed that made him fizz out earlier in his life. And then I realise that despite dying young, Alexander did live a GREAT life. Maybe that could be me. Or then again maybe not.

KC had to go to a live band playing at the Coogee beach hotel. I piked out and instead pottered around the house. Later went out for a walk around Duffy Bros. Bumped into S. I wasn’t sure S was going to say hello so I deliberately went the opposite way. Funny, it wasn’t the first time I bumped into S this week. I used to see S at the Greenwood but we never acknowledged each other’s presence. S is quiet and probably one of the very few people who can’t stand me. I like to think S is just really shy. S is so lucky partnering with M. From the first time I met S, years and years ago, I always wondered what attracted M to S. S seems like an easily annoyed person. I thought S was a hypocrite and I always wondered whether M knew S was prowling. Last Friday, I tried to sus out from K what the go was between S & M. Whether they were in an open relationship or not. the goodness in me remembered it wasn’t my business so I just left it. As I was strolling, I guess S acknowledged the fact that I was there and would thus deliberately ignore me again as usual. But I thought I had the upper hand so when we walked across each other again, I made eye contact. Surprisingly, S did acknowledge me and was even quite friendly. I would have stopped and chat but I decided against it. But later, I decided to atleast say goodbye as I was going home. Even wished S goodluck.

bih: sgnl/glryHls/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home