Saturday, February 12, 2005

bondi beach storm

Wednesday 2 Feb

Woke up early and picked up my CT Scans from Nepean Private before going to see my oncologist. My weight, still 76 kilos. Yuk. And there I was thinking I lost some after returning to work. Not much news and I wasn’t even nervous. When the current report mentioned the possibility of a clot on my upper leg, I wasn’t even worried. I was really numb. And I guess emotionally tired. By this stage, I guess I wanted to be much more happy with my progress but I truly was not. Feeling this low, I had thought nothing else could really upset me more.

My oncologist proceeded with referring me to the Cancer Care Centre closer to home. Yay. This would probably mean I won’t have to travel to Penrith any longer. The drive from the city last night wasn’t too bad considering it was peak traffic but it was good that I wasn’t caught in the storm. Even managed to go grocery shopping last night after 9pm. But walking from the apartment to see my new doctor would be very good.

Dropped mum off at St Patrick’s. The drive to city via the freeway from Penrith only took an hour. When I got to Belvedere, there was no street parking so I stole a resident’s spot. Had lunch and when I went back to the car, it was blocked. I was worried the owner would be really pissed off but he didn’t seem as angry as I expected. I even offered him some cash. And when I left, I felt lucky to have found a perfect spot. Right then I told myself not to be always pessimistic. Good things happen to me too although not often.

Without the car, the bus stop decided where my next stop would be. I knew I had to go to the beach. Before 3:30 pm I was on my way to Bronte Beach. The storm was beginning to brew. It was windy and the waves were fierce. But it was hot. And I loved it.

I enjoyed the walk between Bronte and Bondi. Although it was a weekday, there were a few people enjoying the track. I was not deprived of sweet eye candies for sure. And I picked a few spots to stop and take a breather. To enjoy the view of the waves, the fell of the howling wind and the hot wet weather.

By the time I reached Bondi Pavilion, the sky was dark grey. I had never seen Bondi Beach this scary before. It didn’t look like the usual postcard view at all. The clouds were thick and fast and grey. The waves were crashing loud but not as dramatic as the thunder. Just another proof how over it all I was, I felt numb. I was appreciative of it’s beauty but I am sure an average person would have been scared of the landscape and the weather unfolding. I just sat on the steps under one of the arches and savoured it all. I was amused by the other people there. They were stuck as they did not have umbrellas. I wasn’t as I had one but there was no way I wanted to miss out on seeing the beauty of the storm. I likened it to what might me brewing in me. Or what the future holds for me. It was raining so hard I also compared it to a tsunami. But I wasn’t afraid. I sort of thought, if I died from it, at least it wasn’t the cancer.

bih: 1/ thbondi/tlt/surfie/hrychst/JO/2/pavilion/tlt/blueUniformCouncil/JOvatch

One thing which amused me was watching this guy crack on to this girl. It was so fascinating to see. The boy was like a peacock. He walked up in down in front of the girl who was initially very oblivious to him. I could tell by the way he was staring at her that he was interested. His eyes looked as if he was undressing her and it was as if he could really see through the white dress she was wearing. He probably could as it was white and of very thin material. She had long blonde pigtails, almost like pippy longstocking but of a young nordic princess loveliness. He wasn't bad looking. He had Anglo feautures with a hint of northern italian. He took his shirt off and using his towel, kept stretching his body to show what he had to offer. The blonde girl had a friend with her, but I felt sorry for her as she looked ugly next to her. By herself, she would have passed as average. To amuse herself and probably give her friend space for the boy to make a move, she repeatedly went out in the rain and played as if it was the first time she saw water. A few minutes passed and just as it looked like they were about to kiss, he had to go. He said goodbye but with a very silvery glint in his eye. A few moments later he went by again as if saying he has come back and he will not leave again without her heart. But after all that, he left again and nothing much happened. She seem to have written down his phone number or something but she did not seem very enthused about it all. I chuckled too myself and thought that they look good together. The boy had probably just one idea, but who could blame him. It seemed like hard work, but am sure with his looks, it doesn't usually take much effort for him to pull. I laughed out loud when I realised how in some streams or teams, the hook up process would have taken one tenth of the time.


After the storm, I waded through the flooded back part of the pavilion to reach McDonalds and satisfied my craving for a big mac meal. And the French tourists provided hot entertainment as I ate. When I arrived back at the apartment, the weather was nice again, as if the storm did not at all happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home