Thursday, March 03, 2005

buzzzzzy street ... party feeling

worked from home on friday as i had to take an early morning dallas call. by mid afternoon, after a load of laundy, i was on my way to bondi beach. when i got there, it did not fail to keep me entertained and away from depression. with the beautiful day and the way i was feeling, there was no reason for me to complain. it was a hot day so the bus was packed. but the trip was just as enjoyable. on the way there, there was a guy who sang too loud with his ipod in his ears or maybe that was his way of getting “idol” status as he was quite a singer. my ears were thankful and my head was busy telling my voice not to take part as i would have been voted off the bus. via the sydney magazine, i learnt that c1930, five people died on bondi because of unexpected wave surges. tsunamis on bondi. apparently, there would have been more fatalities if the surf club was not as well trained and responsive.

finally got to vacuum on saturday. after all the vacuum cleaner dramas of the past month, last thursday, my 18 month old hoover was upgraded with a trade in value for a werheim navy blue power roller. and thanks to charles, bondi junction westfield parking is now configured in my head. scrubbed the toilet and bathroom mirror like crazy. others would have been grossed out but the obsessive compulsive me sprayed orange concentrate cheerfully, sweaty head band and all. walked to chinatown afterwards to get a haircut. when i came out, i looked round all over. i should have kept the side burns longer. bumped into mum & dad so they decided to not stay longer to visit.

sunday started with two dizzies competing. i was on the goulburn street entrance steps of belvedere when i phoned anthony to come by and meet me. lots of minutes later i called him asking where he was. he was on the goulburn street entrance steps but the facing brisbane street. he walked past behind me and we missed each other. before midday, our party of eight were seated in silver spring yum cha restaurant. buffet yum cha. odd but good value specially if your group contained non yum cha goers. naoki update me with his recent adventures and dramas. the poor boy had been busy shocked by mark’s two diabetes induced comas. it was funny when we talked about it but i knew it would have been quite a drama at the time. naoki learnt that from me i believe, to later laugh off something that was so scary.

the nasty shallow me dismissed eric as he turned up late at yum cha. i even said something nasty to naoki about it but all changed when eric later gave me, alex and charles a lift in his blue topless holden convertible. it was a beautiful ride to paddington through the back streets of surry hills. “so i can see sydney and sydney can see me .... he he he “said charles after promising to upgrade his elantra to an astra convertible. me, am sticking to my dream jeep wrangler.

what better way to spend a sydney sunday afternoon than to sit in an open air lounge/ bar with a live dj drinking mojitos. it was then that we proclaimed H village central to be in party mode. a perfect way to farewell summer although there are no current signs it will be going. i am no way complaining. tried to disco nap afterwards but that failed. by midnight, adam, charles & jericho and moi were bopping in arq. beforehand, adam and i were playing our part to be friendly to overseas guests. but frankie or kobe blue T turned out to be a local. but usually away from sydney as a flight attendant. not another one. he he he.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home