Tuesday, February 22, 2005

venting emotions

friday 11 feb – caught the train Kpark to start help dad with his program. have not returned kumar’s phone calls because i have been really slack, but this time, we agreed to meet up. we wanted to go somewhere for a coffee but ended up in gloria jeans. not much choice around but bella vista wasn’t bad. we giggled, laughed & had deep and meaningful as usual. I took my chance to complain about the train full of ugly people and i really did not have a right to complain as I was on it. i had thought that talking to kumar, I would get a chance to spill my bleak emotional state but kumar took the talking stick and just ran with it. it’s been awhile since we hung out and i guess it was silly of me to forget that kumar needs me to listen and be the ventee and not the ventor. we picked up isa from after school care and i was so glad isa is such a good kid. it was so funny how the biggest topic of our conversation was boys are this and girls are that…

that night, through one of the best blogs in my world (streaky is my hero – lol), i stumbled across a link to ivan nobles blog. i could not stop reading it, i kept reading until 4am. it felt like my chest was going to explode. my eyes were watery, and it is safe to say i was crying. crying for me for those who don’t know happens less often than 31 feb. ithe blog was so sad and so close to me and my current dramas. it brought up so much emotions I had to stop myself reading it. I instead focussed my energy on writing a (try hard) funny email to streaky.

saturday 12 feb ysi gave me a lift back to town. i had lunch the second time with ysi & sis in thainatown – north building. their cooking is different from the grungy original thainatown branch, more western but also nice. the massaman curry was creamy & peanuty and the beef salad had less fish sauce tang. my first lunch wasn’t bad. as payment for my services, dad had cooked blue swimmer crabs & NZ mussels. geez, am spoilt. ysi, sis & I went to st mary’s cathedral for a sung mass. the choir boy this week was not like last but it was also good.

tried to have a disco nap but it didn’t happen. i was too excited to go out. we started at the shift before midnight. it was packed. even saw an office colleague. got too shy to say hello. i was glad everyone was there. a&j, naoki, mark, adam & david. charles and cristian was supposed to meet us but didn’t make it till later when adam, a&j & i was already at arq. saturday nights are never my favourite but although the company was great – it felt odd to be out. i had never seen arq this bad – as in the crowd. music was just not right. decided to leave before 2am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home