Friday, February 18, 2005

french red wine

monday 7 feb in the office went quick and painless. I was busy after work with house chores and the trip home was tiring. rang sis and I was happy to hear that her colonoscopy went well. my surgeon, my hero, cleared her of bowel cancer. that’s everyone in my family clear now. cousins on either side in my generation who had symptoms were recently cleared too. so this confirms the cancer luck is something I can only own. typical, I thought.

bih://1/greenwood/vatch/goth/jo/off-floor-jzz/2/metctr/redT/azulSauconyShrts/

went for a walk with A&J at 9pm. hyde park was very pretty and the light breeze was nice. the park path was so clean, as if it was cleaned so the path I walk through would be perfect. i acknowledged the park bench I sat in a few days ago when I was nearly in tears trying to work out when I would get out from feeling low. but as I walked this night, I did not feel low. it was such a good feeling by the time we reached martin place, it was feeding time for the city’s homeless vagrants. well, vagrants is probably not the politically correct term but better than what I said before I knew what they were. as we neared, I started to say that it felt like the dredge of society was around us. they smelt, looked unkempt & very noisy.

tuesday 8 feb, very hot day. met sis at home after work & drove to coogee beach again. by the time we got there, the heatwave they have been reporting on the weather channel seemed like fiction. late afternoon on a weekday, surely only tourists would be hanging at the beach. we found a perfect spot in the covered area to leave our stuff and enjoy the afternoon. there were kids playing and the sound of foreign languages got in tuned with the waves. it was nice, i felt like I was in Tahiti. there were kids of mixed backgrounds and they spoke French. one little girl, kept playing peek a boo with sis and that was funny to watch. as the sun started to set, I picked a spot on the beach where the light was orange and the area looked spot lit. right above it, there we no clouds and the blue water reflected it towards me. was it healing lights from the heaven? or was it a happy cheerful moment in the soap opera that is my life? whatever it was, it felt great. sis & I are friends again and my depressed state of mind was no longer feeling hopeless. I had to share the moment with friends via txt messages as far as Tasmania & New Zealand.

bih://coogeebeach/tlt/nosebridgePiercing/redSpeedoes/sck

9pm, KC & DRG picked me up to check out Chinatown so we can see The Year of The Rooster NYE celebrations. after a quick stroll in Chinatown, we headed to Mrs Macquaries chair. it was dark but there were lots of people. the twilight cinema on the harbour was packed. gael garcia bernal was on the screen and KC had to pee. it was very funny. we walked to the edge of the point and looked out at the harbour without stopping a stream of conversation comparing past experiences and future hopes. no mention of my cancer was made. great. we then went to harry’s café de wheels for hotdogs. we kept going with the abbreviation games and amused ourselves as we kept coming up with new ones. ONS=one night stand. WAW=what a waste. DM=dating material. the bench seats facing the harbour was full. we had the ducks in front of us and mentioned about my first pet duck. I called it Queenie. At the time, the street name where we lived in was Everlasting. Queenie Everlasting is such a funny drag name.

wednesday 9 feb 8pm booking for 5 Razor’s Edge Restaurant Enmore. my favourite risotto restaurant with my beautiful and loving friends. wore my black ss blue embroidered detail shirt from NZ, bootleg khaki coloured jeans and black & white diesel shoes. D & i picked the French red wine which made KC & DRG more giggly. as if we needed that. TRO showed off the brown jacket purchased from Hobart last weekend. i had the indian seafood risotto for mains and the sticky date pudding for dessert. yummy. the creation of Adam mural at the restaurant was outshined by DRG’s nipples. this got picked on right from the beginning of the dinner. TRO, the one responsible for corrupting me in so many ways (that claim goes both ways when TRO talks about me), shared the recent abbreviations we came up with. UTH=uglier than him! LoL. this is funny as it referred to something I have recently done by mistake or more accurately – a sign of desperation.

by 10pm, the wine had made us sleepy but keen to keep going. unfortunately TRO & D had to go. KC drove us to Sydney Park so DRG can see the look out and see the beautiful Sydney CBD nightlights from the south west. it was my second time there but i felt like i knew the place like an expert. it was a bit scary as it is very dark and the noise of the planes going overhead makes you feel like it’s a horror movie scene. what actually happens is not similar to any horror movie at all.

bih://sydpark/vatch/two/1vog/1btmB/riding

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home