Thursday, February 24, 2005

appleworks applesucks

the weekend wasn’t very exciting. from friday night I started to not look forward to using appleworks to help dad with his files. stayed up til late on friday night to finish most of the documents. but by sunday, there was more. i lost my patience more than a couple of times and i hated myself for it. right after screaming, I told myself to stop and be patient. it was stupid of me to assume that a computerphobic 62 year old will easily pick up the concept of microsoft file management and to complicate it even more, appleworks sucks. as if mouse clicking wasn’t hard enough for him. at one time, I wanted to scream – “dad, I have cancer and I am dying and I don’t want to spend my weekend rest time to stuff around with these documents!!!” but luckily, it came out something like, “please understand this is stressing me. you are stressing me!!!”. not sure it sounded better but I hated saying it just the same. I should have been more patient. am sure he wouldn’t have asked me to help him if he knew how unhappy it was making me and what else I have to put up with in my cancer stuffed mind. But he doesn’t need to know that. Plus, when it comes down to it, it really is not a big deal considering what he has done for me. during the afternoon as a big summer storm poured, mum & dad were singing some nursery song as they talked about a school program. I was ready to scream at them as it was so annoying. Instead, I shushed them like a schoolteacher. they found it funny being shushed I’m sure. being educators all their lives, they are probably not used to being shushed.

the weekend wasn’t a total disaster. friday & saturday night I attended two mg film festival screenings. some were really badly made and erred too much on the fart side rather than the art side. after the short films sessions with adam on saturday night, we went to manacle. I didn’t stay long as one vodka lime soda hit me like a 69 tonne truck travelling 200km per hour. prior to the session, a friend asked me to score/ judge a potential lover/ friend. my opinion apparently (as it should – lol) mattered. the french accent was good. but as a package, my answer was a big no. le escargot sounded too judgemental, desperate, negative, catty and smelt like a dirty shower curtain. lol ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home